Monday, May 26, 2008

Garfield-5 ways to fight depression

John comes into the room where Garfield is sleeping.

JOHN: Garfield, you’ve been in bed all day! Why don’t you go outside and play with your cat friends?
GARFIELD: [Sigh] I’m too depressed to go outside.
JOHN: But that’s one of the ways to stop having depression.
GARFIELD: Really? And there are other ways too?
JOHN: Yes! Of course! That’s one way, getting exercise. Another way is to look on the bright side.
GARFIELD: That’s not like me, John, that’s not like me.
JOHN: Well, you’ll just have to learn how to do that.
GARFIELD: [sigh] I’ll try…
JOHN: Another is telling your problems to other people.
GARFIELD: But not everybody! I don’t want everybody to know my problems!
JOHN: No! I mean like me!
GARFIELD: So you are saying I should say it to everybody…
JOHN: Come on Garfield, I’ve known you sinc eyou were a kitten!
GARFIELD: ok, ok… Is there anything else?
JOHN: Well, try to eat good things…
GARFIELD: You don’t need to say anything else, I humbly agree with you…
JOHN: [sigh] And another way…
GARFIELD: Yes?
JOHN: Try to identify you problems, but don’t go too far or you’ll be even more depressed. Oh… and I have one last thing…

Nermal enters the room…

NERMAL: What’s up guys?!
GARFIELD: I think I found the problem! [points at Nermal]

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Depression is not a disease that is confined to the human race alone. Its area of functioning also extends to the animal kingdom. Horses are particularly much prone to depression as compared to the other animals. The lack of a sexual partner is one pre dominant cause that drives horses to depression. Well, in this case, even the human beings can be driven to depression! Luckily for us we have depression cures. http://www.xanax-effects.com/

Alex said...

I believe exercises are of great help to fight depression. Beat depression by filling new thoughts and happiest moments in your life with a self support and motivation. Find tips and methods to fight against depression and live healthy. All we need is a support and positive atmosphere.